5 Tips To Rapidly Grow Your Instagram Presence
Since its advent in 2010, Instagram has been taking over the social media game. What started as a simple photo-sharing app has grown into one of the most popular forms of digital communication, and that’s great news for your business. Instagram is an unlimited source of potential for building business, and the interface is so easy to navigate that even an internet novice could learn quickly. The best part? It’s free!
Instagram is one of the best business tools you can have at your disposal, so it’s important to make sure you’re optimizing your account’s potential. Instagram can work wonders for you and your company, but there’s more to it than just posting a simple picture once a day. Here’s some tips to help rapidly grow your Instagram account and the business that comes with it!
1. Presentation: This may seem like a overrated point to make, but presentation is important. You want your Instagram to put out a positive message each time you post, so before you do, think of what you want to share with followers and potential customers.
What are you posting pictures of? It’s always a smart idea to include your logo somewhere in the images you post, and it’s free advertising! You can post pictures of happenings around the office or work space, or post about an exciting new project you’re working on. If you find an inspirational quote, picture, or place, post about that too! You want to make sure you’re mixing up the variety of what you contribute to your Instagram to keep your content diverse and exciting.
How do your pictures look? Not everyone has a professional camera, but most of us have a smartphone with a high quality camera. Even if you don’t, you can still take quality pictures that potential followers will love to see. There’s a few things you’ll want to focus on for your pictures. Some of these may sound mundane or like common sense, but it’s the details that make all the difference. First of all, consider your lighting. How does the picture look? Is it too dark? You’ll want to make sure that viewers can instantly recognize what you post. How about the colors? Instagram is a haven for brightly colored, beautiful pictures, and the better looking your photos are, the more followers you’ll gain. What is in the background? Be cognizant of what shows up in the corners of your photos, and make sure your content is the focus of the picture. And lastly, utilize the photo editing tools that Instagram provides, they’re a great resource!
2. Captions are important: What you write about your photos can be just as important as the photos themselves. Unlike Twitter, you have unlimited space to share your message with followers and customers, so be sure to choose your words wisely. Captions are a great way to promote your business and make connections. In the caption box, you can also tag as many people as you’d like in your photo, which can also be a great way to get more eyes on your Instagram account. Which brings us to...
3. #Hashtags: Hashtags are the best way to optimize exposure to your Instagram account. By picking relevant hashtags, you can bring in followers very quickly and without doing much legwork. Check on Hashtagify.me for trending hashtags to utilize in your posts.
4. Timing is everything: Well, maybe not everything but it is important! The best times to post will usually vary on your content and your followers. Posting randomly is always a good idea, but optimizing your posting times will increase the number of people who can see, like, and share what you’ve posted. Utilizing Iconosquare is a great idea, because it will analyze your account and personalize your optimal posting times based on your needs. Iconosquare offers a 14-day free trial, and if you like it, they also provide full-time membership options.
5. Instagram Engagement: You can post perfect pictures at the best times of day, but it won’t matter if you don’t have loyal and engaged followers. One of the best ways to ensure that your followers and potential followers genuinely care about your content is to care about them! Comment on other people’s posts when you appreciate something they’ve shared, and engage in meaningful dialogue when someone shares something thought-provoking. One of the fastest ways to gain Instagram followers is to follow accounts that are similar to your own, and like and comment on their photos. Become an engaged participant of the online community’s conversations, and your account and business will flourish!